Let’s spend some more time on Listening to God-- taking the time to pay attention to what God is saying to you. It will never contradict scripture, but sometimes it changes what you misunderstand about scripture. Listening takes time and intent. Here are some suggestions from Brad Jersak author of Tuning In to the God Who Speaks.
- Tuning In…
- Spend a few minutes today having a conversation with God. Make sure you listen as well as talk.
- Ask God to highlight a verse that will nourish your soul today. Chew it over all day, maybe even writing it on an index card and carry with you.
- Sing or listen to your favorite worship song and be open for God to speak to you through it.
- Ask God to bring someone to your mind to pray for while you are waiting at the grocers, lying in bed, or sitting at a stoplight.
- Ask God if you have grieved his heart in any way this week. Confess your sin and accept his forgiveness.
- Ask God to show you how you pleased him this week. Thank him for making it possible.
- Ask God to help you encourage someone this week with a specific word from the Lord.